- Resolution #1: Work Some Media Magic
- Resolution #2: “Celebritize” Yourself
- Resolution #3: Expand Your Reach
In my next installment for Research, I will provide tips on using Web 2.0 and online social networking strategies to expand your reach and generate positive search engine results.
But, if you are hungry for information on using Web 2.0 and social media to build buzz and create additional traffic to your primary Web site, you might want to sign up for the Using Web 2.0 and Social Media to Build Relationships webinar being offered by the Financial Planning Association (FPA) on January 20, 2010, at 1:00 pm CT.
I’ll be hosting the virtual learning session and will be joined by compliance expert Nancy Johnson Jones (www.compliancemaze.com), who will tell you what you can and can’t do under FINRA and/or SEC regulations, and multi-media expert Chris Hall (creator of “fast, fun and informative” Practice Management tips brought to you by the "vanguards of practice management" at Securities America, online and FREE at www.AdvisorPod.com) who will give an overview of LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, blogs, YouTube, podcasts and other tools you can use to build relationships with people online. You do not need to be a member of the FPA to attend; everyone is welcom, although there is a small fee to attend (goes to FPA to defray costs).
Of special note:
In the coming weeks, you can find me at:
- TD Ameritrade national conference in Orlando, February 4-5, 2010
- T3 Technology Tools for Today conference in San Diego, February 18-20, 2010
- The FPA Business Solutions conference in Dallas, March 1-3, 2010 (save 15% with the code you will find at top of the page here: http://www.socialmedia-bootcamp.blogspot.com
Hope to see you at one or more of these events!